As a business owner, it’s important to ensure your workers have clean, safe water to drink, and one of the best ways to do this is to buy a bottleless water cooler for the office. Even if you have the best water cooler, the spigot can be a place where bacteria and germs that can grow and spread from person to person. In this blog post, we’ll talk about why and how to clean and keep the spigot on your water dispenser clean and safe.
Why should you clean the spigot on your water cooler?
The water dispenser spigot is one of the things we touch most often at work. People spread germs and bacteria from their hands to the spigot when they turn it on to get water for their cups. If the spigot is not cleaned and sanitized regularly, germs and bacteria can grow and make the area a potential point for illness to spread.
How to Clean the Tap on a Water Dispenser
Here are some proven ways to clean your water dispenser spigot:
- Turn off the water dispenser and remove it from the power source.
- Depending on the situation, take out the water bottle or filter.
- Wipe down the exterior of the water dispenser with a clean, damp cloth.
- Combine one part white vinegar and three parts water in a spray bottle.
- After spraying the solution on the faucet, let it sit for five minutes.
- After you’ve cleaned the tap with a clean towel, you should rinse it with clean water.
- Dry the faucet with a clean cloth.
- Change the water bottle or filter and put the dispenser back together.
In addition to cleaning the faucet, you can maintain the following protocols to keep all aspects of the water dispenser in your office clean:
- Use soap and water to clean the drip tray often—as frequently as once per day on coolers that see lots of use.
- Use a clean cup every time you give out water, and make sure to always keep a good supply of clean cups stocked by the cooler.
- Ask the staff to always wash their hands or use hand sanitizer before using the cooler. Keep bottles of hand sanitizer by the cooler to encourage this.
- Keep the area around the water dispenser clean and free of clutter—especially food-related items.
- Make sure to regularly clean and disinfect your business’s water dispensers. You should also write down when you tend each dispenser to be consistent.
Also, if your water dispenser has any problems, such as a strange taste or smell, this could mean that it needs to be cleaned or serviced. In this situation, you should call a service professional to help fix the problem.
In conclusion, it is crucial to prioritize the cleanliness and maintenance of your water dispenser spigot. Regular disinfection not only ensures the health and safety of you and your loved ones but also prolongs the lifespan of your appliance. At Aqua Chill of Austin, we understand the significance of clean and pure water for your home or office. As a leading provider of water filters in Austin TX, with bottleless water solutions, we are here to help. Our team of experts is dedicated to delivering top-notch solutions that meet your specific needs. Don’t hesitate to reach out to us today to schedule a consultation and experience the difference between clean, refreshing water with Aqua Chill of Austin. Contact us now to take the first step towards a healthier, happier hydration routine!